Sunday, January 10, 2010

Owyhee Old Faithful

Day 10.
My gift pack from the Idaho Candy Co. contained several Old Faithfuls. When I started my quest I thought that the larger companies had bought most of the smaller companies so I was glad the Idaho Candy Company was still making chocolate bars. T.O. Smith started the company in 1901. Currently, it is owned by the Wager company which still produces three types of candy bars and butter toffee. (1)
The Old Faithful consists of a creme center surrounded by a peanut cluster from the picture. I didn't know what to expect......visions of a chocolate volcano floated through my brain.



Appearance: Bits of chocolate flaked off the bar when I opened the package. It was fresh and peanuts are found throughout the bar.
Aroma: Nice combo of peanut and chocolate
Texture: Super chewy and thick creme
Flavor: Lots of peanut flavor and good tasting milk chocolate. Maybe a bit too many peanuts. The creme taste in the center complimented the chocolate peanut flavor.
Calories: 220 cal/package. 1.5oz

Rating: A-
Comments: Very nice bar but I am still expecting something to blow out of the top!
Website: Idaho Candy Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment