Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hershey's 5th Avenue

Day 24.
Wow. I was looking forward to having a 5th Avenue as I don't ever remember having one as a child but after I opened the package I found the chocolate all melted to the wrapper and the peanut butter broken up. Evidently the bars had been left in the heat...and I purchased the bar at Toys R Us so beware. I have heard that the 5th Avenue is similar to the Butterfinger.

Logo: Crunchy Peanut Butter in a Rich Chocolately Coating.
History: William H. Luden famous for his cough drops created the 5th Avenue bar in 1936. Acquired by Hershey in 1986.

Appearance: Layers of peanut butter in a stratified fashion. An oily sheen is noted. Chocolate everywhere on the wrapper.
Aroma: Nice peanut butter aroma with a hint of chocolate.
Texture: Crunchy crispy texture that flakes off a you eat it.
Flavor: Mainly of peanut butter but also of molasses.

Calories: 280 cal/package. 2 oz.

Rating: D

Comments: Very poor quality control. Check your candy bars when you shop at Toys R Us. Despite the condition of the bar it was still edible and reminded of a Butterfinger.
Website: Hershey's 5th Avenue

No comments:

Post a Comment