Monday, January 25, 2010

Owyhee Cherry Cocktail

Day 25.
Today I am eating the last of the candy bars from my Idaho Candy Company gift box. I must admit I am not crazy about chocolate covered cherries so my review may be biased but if I like....it must be amazing.

Logo: Milk Chocolate and Peanuts With Whole Cherry Center
History: Created in 1926 by the Idaho Candy Company. (2)


Appearance: Small circular peanut coated chocolate coating which is very thick. Pinkish filling with a cherry in the center.
Aroma: Of peanuts with a slight cherry and chocolate aroma
Texture: Crunchy outside coating with liquid filling
Flavor: Very peanutty chocolate covering with a hint of very sweet cherry flavoring and vanilla mixed in. I think the coating should be made into a candy bar by itself. The cherry filling is very sweet and very strongly cherry tasting...maybe too much so.
Calories: 215 cal/package. 1.5 oz.

Rating: B-

Comments: Mixed together the chocolate and cherries worked well but I still think the cherry filling was too sweet and had too much cherry flavoring. The chocolate coating was very good and full of peanuts.
Website: Owyhee Cherry Cocktail

No comments:

Post a Comment