Friday, January 15, 2010

Nestle Crunch

Day 15.
The Nestle Crunch was one of the most popular candy bars in my neighborhood in the 1970's. I would chomp away on half the bar and then let the chocolate melt in my mouth till only the crisped rice remained and then crunched away before taking another bite.

Unfortunately I currently I do not have a picture of the actual bar. I usually cannot wait to get home before I start eating my chocolate bars. I will add the missing pictures later and try to not eat the my blog subject so quickly.


Logo:
Milk chocolate with crisped rice.

History: The Crunch was created in 1938 by Nestle. One of the founders, Henri Nestle, a maker of condensed milk is credited with the invention of milk chocolate by combining the milk with chocolate liquor. (4,5)



Appearance: Nice slightly brown bar scored into 4 sections. Cross section reveals nice brown chocolate with crisped rice mixed in fairly evenly.
Aroma: Nice chocolate aroma with dark undertones.
Texture: Nice snap when bitten. Chocolate is creamy and smooth but doesn't melt as fast as I remember from the past.
Flavor: Very nice chocolate flavor with an hint of dark chocolate. Excellent combination with the crisped rice which when solo had a very mild chocolate taste.
Calories: 380 cal/package. 2.75 oz. Made in Brazil.


Rating: A

Comments: One of my favorite candy bars now and when I was a kid. Excellent milk chocolate bar by Nestle!
Website: Nestle Crunch

No comments:

Post a Comment