Saturday, February 27, 2010

Aunt Sally's Creamy Pralines

Feb 27.
Pralines and caramel have always been some of my favorite candies. There is just something about milky sugariness that appeals to my palate. While in New Orleans this weekend for a conference and to run in the half marathon I couldn't help but sample many New Orleans delicacies. Aunt Sally's is the first of these. Created by Pierre and Diane Bagur in the 1930's.

Logo: Original Creamy Praline

Appearance: B+ Light brown with pieces of pecan visible underneath the surface
Aroma: A- Sweet aroma, molasses and hints of dairy
Texture: B Very soft and with a sugary feel to it. The praline crumbles and then melts in your mouth
Flavor: B+ Very sweet with a taste of molasses and vanilla. I liked the evaporated milk taste

Calories: 200 cal/serving.
Package contains 1 piece. 1.5 oz.

Rating: B+

Comments: I really liked the praline and pecan combination but its very sweet. I can only eat one....but it was a good one!
Website: Aunt Sally's Creamy Pralines

No comments:

Post a Comment