Monday, February 8, 2010

Cadbury Curly Wurly

Day 38.
I received my box of Cadbury chocolates from BritishDelights.com today which I enthusiastically ordered last week. And what better way to celebrate the Saints win this weekend than with a Curly Wurly bar. While checking out nostalgic candy I found on Oldtimecandy.com that there was a replacement for the Marathon bar which was one of my favorites as a child. The thick caramel bar covered with chocolate was amazing. Even the red wrapper with a ruler was one of a kind. I think one of John Wayne's kids came out on the commercials which claimed it lasted a long, long time.

Logo: Milk Chocolate with Caramel Centre
History: Produced by Cadbury since 1970. The Marathon was created by Mars in 1973. (C)


Appearance: Very thin bar about 1/2 cm. The chocolate is less than 1/2 mm thick. Appears like two braids of chocolate with lots of gaps in between
Aroma: Scent caramel and lightly of chocolate
Texture: Very chewy caramel
Flavor: Very sweet and milky tasting caramel. Milky chocolate coating. Its been years since I had a Marathon but I think the caramel is sweeter and more milky tasting.

Calories: 115 cal/serving. One bar. 26g.

Rating: A- (Highly recommended)

Comments: Excellent chocolate and caramel bar. Reminds me of the old Marathon except the Marathon was thicker and not as sweet.
Website: Curly Wurly

No comments:

Post a Comment