Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hershey's Special Dark with Almonds

Day 39.
When I was younger and my parents would buy a bag of Hershey miniatures these would always be the last to be eaten. As the years have gone by my taste for darker chocolates has expanded to some extent but I still prefer sweet milk chocolate! On the Hershey website its advertised as the Dark Chocolate for Milk Chocolate Lovers and gives nutritional information and the amounts of antioxidants.

Logo: Mildly Sweet Chocolate
History: Created by Hershey for their miniatures collection in 1939 (W)

Appearance: Thin very dark bar with almonds mixed in. No almonds visible from the top.
Aroma: Bitter dark chocolate
Texture: Snaps nicely with good crunch to almonds. Minimal melt in your mouth creaminess
Flavor: Tastes of dark bitter chocolate with a hint of sweetness. Its made with 45% cacao.

Calories: 190 cal/serving. One bar. 1.45 oz. 45% Cacao.

Rating: C+ (Average but I don't like dark chocolate)

Comments: An ok bar if you like dark chocolate. I don't think I would try an other bars over 45% cacao as they would be too bitter!
Website: Hershey's Special Dark with Almonds

No comments:

Post a Comment