Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mockolate Candy Bars

There is a great website that I have found called the CandyBlog (http://www.candyblog.net). This site makes my reviews look amateurish but the resolution quest goes on.

Apparently the latest thing with Hershey is to fight the rising price of chocolate by adding fake vegetable oils instead of real cocoa butter to chocolate bars until it doesn't meet the FDA definition of chocolate. Hershey even tried to change the FDA definition of chocolate. Real chocolate must contain cocoa solids and cocoa butter and no additional vegetable oils. Unfortunately the 5th Avenue Bar, Take 5, Hershey’s Kissables, Whatchamacallit and other Hershey bars don't have real milk chocolate as an ingredient just added chocolate. Milton Hershey must be very unhappy in the afterlife. Hershey is doing well financially and the stock price has gone up by 25%. Hope one day we get the Great American "Real" Chocolate company back. I am a Hershey fanatic! (I own stock as well)

To read more

I am going to label my chocolates now as real chocolate or fakealote from now on. The candyblog website and others use the term mockalote but I like fakealote much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment